Wednesday, April 29, 2015
Industry Notes, Uncategorized
Irish building materials manufacturer, CRH, has been cleared by the European Commission under the EU Merger Regulation to acquire several Holcim and Lafarge assets. It has been reviewed by the Commission and decided that there would be no cause for competition concerns because there will still be various alternative suppliers in all markets.
The following assets will be divested to CRH:
- France: in metropolitan France, all of Holcim’s assets, except for its Altkirch cement plant and aggregates and ready-mix sites in the Haut-Rhin region, and a grinding station of Lafarge in Saint-Nazaire; Lafarge’s assets on Reunion island, except for its shareholding in Ciments de Bourbon
- Germany: Lafarge’s assets
- Hungary: Holcim’s operating assets
- Romania: Lafarge’s assets
- Slovakia: Holcim’s assets
- United Kingdom: Lafarge Tarmac assets with the exception of its Cauldon and Cookstown plants and certain associated assets.